Friday, February 6, 2009

It's grave injustice: Nayantara



February 6th, 2009

'Nayantara, who was issued a red card by the Tamil Film Producers Council and the South India Film Actors Association on Wednesday, has reportedly said she has been targeted and that grave injustice has been committed against her.

Nayantara was issued a ban at a joint meeting of the two bodies following a complaint lodged by Subash Chandra Bose, the producer of 'Paiya'. The extreme step was taken as Nayantara refused to return the advance amount she had received for 'Paiya'.

On the ban, she reportedly said, 'this is injustice and I never told Lingusamy that I am opting out of the film. I had received an amount of Rs 20 lakhs from him as advance for 'Paiya' and gave dates from September 2008'.

'This decision was taken without consulting me' Nayantara declared.

The dusky actress who is currently shooting for a Telugu film said, 'I asked Nadigar Sangam for help in order to sort out this matter and now they too have turned against me'.

Interestingly, the ban may not have any impact on Nayantara (at least for the time being) because she has reportedly committed movies in other languages and is expected to be busy with them till the end of this year.

However, the Producers Council has said in its statement that it would request the producers' associations in other languages to cooperate with them and not sign Nayantara for any further films.

I had to waste three months of my time waiting for 'Paiya' to begin. Unfortunately, it was postponed. Will they compensate my loss?' she asked.