Friday, February 20, 2009

'Everybody's scared of their wives'



February 19th, 2009

Mumbai: Shreyas Talpade on whether his wife has anything to do with his squeaky clean image

Welcome to Sajjanpur was a welcome change after a string of disappointments....
It was. The film was done superbly and I won't take any credit for it. It was Shyamji's brilliance that shone throughout. But Golmaal Returns was also one of the biggest hits of last year...

It seems that you have gone headlong into comedy after Golmaal...
In a way...yes. Paying Guest (with Celina, Riya Sen) and David Dhawan's Hook Ya Crook (with Genelia and John Abraham) belong to the genre of comedy. But I am also doing a movie called Click. It's a horror movie where I play a fashion photographer...

You are never in the news. Are you really such a boring person?
Yes, I admit that I have never made the kind of news that you want. I haven't pushed myself or have tried to create a buzz about myself. I have not had a scandal as such about me because I have consciously tried to keep away from it...

Is this out of your own insecurity or you are you too scared of your wife Deepti?
(Laughs loudly) You bet. Is there anybody who's not scared of his wife? On top that she is a clinical psychologist and she can definitely read my mind... But seriously speaking maybe I need to work on my image a bit more. The fact is that I take time to open up to people-- but after that I am fine. You must come to my house when my friends are around and you will see what happens...