Thursday, January 22, 2009

Priyanka Chopra's mom to open a hi-tech cosmetic-surgery clinic



January 22nd, 2009

If Priyanka's mother Madhu Chopra didn't accompany her only son Siddharth when he left for Geneva for his one-year culinary course, it was with good reason.

Mrs Chopra is busy with the final preparation for her pricey hi-tech cosmetic-surgery clinic in Juhu (Mumbai). It's a dream project for the Chopras that Priyanka is pooling into with prideful gusto.

"It was my dad who went with my brother. Mom can't leave right now. She's so heavily into her cosmetic clinic. It's on the verge of being opened. We've named it Studio Aesthetic."

Studio Aesthetic aims to be a one-stop cosmetic-surgery clinic with the most sophisticated surgery equipment. Says Priyanka proudly, "We've been getting the machines and equipment for the past one year. The process will continue for a while. But mom's clinic is ready to roll."

And to think Priyanka herself is supposed to have gone through cosmetic surgery. "I know. I should've waited for my mom's clinic. I'd have got a discount," she jokes. "But seriously, if I had gone through cosmetic surgery I'd happily admit it. There's nothing wrong with it. But the fact is, what has happened to me is not surgery. It's polishing. When I came in I was raw and inexperienced about diet, work-outs, makeup. Over a period of time I've understood my body, face and mind. That shows in my appearance and performances."

Priyanka is thrilled to receive the first of her best-actress awards for Fashion. "The last time I got the awards it was for my performance in Aitraaz. But that was not for best actress. So yeah, I'm thrilled."

More thrilling is the fact that two of the popular awards this season shifted their dates forward to accommodate Priyanka's schedules. Apparently, so sure were they of Priyanka winning that they chose to push the awards forward rather than not have her present.

Laughs Priyanka, "I don't think it was for me. But yes the dates were pushed forward. But who wouldn't like winning awards. I do! I've a busy and challenging year ahead. First out is Kaminay with Shahid where audiences will get to see me in a completely different look and role. Then there's What's Your Raashee? which is challenging the hell out of me. Next I go into Pyar Impossible with Uday Chopra. That I think would be easier than Raashee."

In What's Your Raashee? Priyanka plays 12 roles each denoting one star-sign in the horoscope. Though the actress isn't allowed to talk about it.

On a soberer note the Chopras' home is looking emptier. "My brother has gone to study culinary arts at this institution at the outskirts of Geneva called La Rouche. During his year's stay he'll be learning everything to do with the restaurant business from hotel management to cooking. Dad has gone with my brother. But mom has been crying her eyes out. I miss him too."