Thursday, January 22, 2009

Kangana: Hrithik is a fun person



January 23rd, 2009

Are you happy with the response to Fashion?

I am more than happy. I can say that I am thrilled beyond words. For me, Fashion is an important movie in my career. My role, though it spurred many controversies, was critically acclaimed. It showed the dark side of the fashion industry. The movie has taken me to the bigger league in the industry.

In Raaz - The Mystery Continues (RTMC), you play a supermodel, just like in Fashion. Looking for luck?
Though I play a supermodel in both movies, the similarities end there. In Fashion, Shonali (her character) was the showstopper. She was completely into drugs and faced tough times in life. But Nandita (in RTMC )is a supermodel, who goes through a psychotic phase in life. She is not into drugs and she walks the ramp just once. We haven’t explored her ‘supermodel’ life.

Is RTMC a sequel to the 2002 Raaz starring Bipasha Basu and Dino Morea?
No. It’s not a sequel. The story is completely different and so is the cast. It’s almost seven years since the original Raaz released. The audience’s taste has changed with time. So, instead of continuing a sequel, we have chosen an entirely new subject.

How was it working with Adhyayan Suman?
I have always said that he’s a good-looking and talented actor. In RTMC, he plays a creative director. His performance will make the audience applaud. He has given his best and proved his mettle. It was amazing working with Adhyayan and I am looking forward to more such projects.

RTMC is in news for all the wrong reasons. The censor board, which had issues with nude scenes and certain words mouthed by you, has issued an ‘A’ certificate... I want to clarify that there are no nude scenes in the movie. I have no idea from where such rumours originate. The censor board did have some problems with gory scenes in the movie. But, come on, it’s a horror movie and not a feel-good family entertainer. It’s a spooky movie about paranormal phenomena. We have also used high-end technology. Just to pep up the issue, people are using pyaaz and mirchi, which is unfair. And I have no problem with the ‘A’ certificate. Nowadays, none of the movies get a ‘U’ clearance. And RTMC has an ‘A’ because of its horror element — nothing more and nothing less.

One of your ardent admirers, Salma Ansari, wife of the Vice President of India, Hamid Ansari has invited you for dinner at her residence today...
Yes. I was surprised. It’s an honour to receive an invitation from Salma ji. I’m looking forward to the meeting.

What are your future projects?
I am currently shooting for Kites with Hrithik Roshan. Hrithik is a fun person to work with. Apart from that, I am also holding talks with a few others in connection with other projects.

Any Kollywood projects in the pipeline?
Post Dhaam Dhoom, I haven’t accepted any other offers from the south. But I am keen to do a few projects down south. I am waiting for good scripts. If there are any good offers, I wouldn’t hesitate to grab them.