Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sreejita De on her role in Bandhan Saat Janamon Ka


Sreejita De aka Annu of Annu Ki Ho Gayi Waah Bhai Waah is entering Bandhan Saat Janamon Ka as a new lead. She sounded excited on her entry and poured her heart out in a friendly chat with us.

How did you get your big break in television?
I used to play a side role in Balaji’s Kasuati Zindagi Ki and somebody from DJ production noticed me and called me for the audition of Annu Ki Ho Gayi Waah Bhai Waah and there the producer immediately selected me for Annu’s role as she saw the perfect Annu in me and told me that I was perfect for this role.

You played the lead in Annu ki ho gayi… and now in Bandhan. What is the difference between these roles?
There is a little difference just because Roshni is a nautch by profession whereas Annu was a simple girl. But there are a lot of similarities in both the characters because here also I am playing a dual character like in Annu Ki Ho Gayi Wah Bhai Wah. My character Roshni has got two shades one part of which shows this girl as a tawaif doing mujra and other one of a simple girl who is doing all this for her sister’s upbringing like Annu who used to work for her father. Roshni is also similar to Annu in a way because even she loves kids a lot and visits orphanages very often to distribute gifts and clothes to them.

Do you think the audience is going to accept you as the new lead?
Yes, definitely they are going to accept me because yesterday when I was browsing the internet I saw many positive comments and feedback of the viewers and found that they were really happy that I am back with a bang. I am getting positive vibes about my entry. People even wrote that they are going to watch Bandhan now because I am entering the show. People love me a lot and I am really very happy for that.

Tell us more about your role in the serial.
I am playing Roshni who used to live in a village and due to poverty his father sold her and she ended up in the profession of a nautch. She performs kathak for her living. Roshni’s character is very similar to Chandramukhi’s character in Devdas. Here also Paarth, who has lost his love Jhaanvi, gets addicted to alcohol and starts coming to this place where Roshni performs every night.

What challenges you faced while playing this role and how you took such a role?
It was really a big challenge for me to play such a bold character and initially when I heard about my role I never thought that I will take up this role. But when I got to know about the positive side of this character I was convinced to do this role. I also took this role because I thought that I will get an opportunity to show my dancing talent as I am a trained Kathak dancer. It was challenging for me to portray this character because there is a lot of contrast in my role.

What major twists and turns the story will take after your entry?
The major twists and turn which the show is going to take is like after Jhaanvi’s death Paarth is very disturbed and he has got addicted to alcohol. Now he has started visiting kothas and there he meets Roshni. Roshni starts liking him whereas Paarth will first dislike and ignore her but later on he, too, will start liking her.

Where were you as you took a small break from television after your first serial?
I was waiting for the perfect role. I got many offers but didn’t like any of them. When I heard about this role in this serial Bandhan Saat Janamon Ka on Colors I got tempted to do this serial because it is telecasted on Colors channel.

Your browser may not support display of this image. Is there any love angle between you and Paarth in the serial?
Yes, there is a love angle between me and Paarth in the serial but you all will have to wait to see that.

Which are the other serials you are acting in?
I am not doing any other show but yes I am looking for better roles. I am also planning to step into Bollywood and waiting to work in a film with Aamir Khan.