Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I am happy I saw failure early in life: Adhyayan



January 28th, 2009


You just turned 21... you can get married now?
Yes, I know I can finally get married now, but fortunately I got married to my work two years ago! And it’s going pretty strong. It’s an amazing gift to receive the first print of your film on your birthday, because it was coincidentally the date when I got to watch the complete film for the first time.

What was it like working with girlfriend Kangna Ranaut in Raaz, The Mystery Continues?
Kangna is the most special person in my life. She is superbly talented and beautiful. It was a dream to work with an actor of her calibre. She is so dedicated and hardworking. It was such a good learning experience.

You were quite upset with the way your role in your first film Haal-e-Dil turned out?
I think it will be stupid of me to say I regret doing Haal-e-Dil because I did learn a lot from that experience and I think that learning will stand me in good stead. In fact, I feel blessed. And I am happy that I saw failure at the very first step of my life and inshallah now I will cherish my success with Raaz, The Mystery Continues, even more.

You term your second film as your debut film...
Yes, of course, in Haal-e-Dil I was only there for five minutes so it was really a cameo. Raaz... is my first opportunity to essay a full-fledged role, and so in many ways, yes, I consider this my real debut.

Yours is a negative role...
It’s about a character with shades of grey. And that’s what real people are like. They’re not black or white. They have a complex mix of good and bad characteristics. I certainly would not consider it a negative role, but a very interesting, even thought-provoking one. I’ve enjoyed every moment while the film was being made.

How much does your dad Shekhar Suman help you with your career?
He is my inspiration. I think I am what I am purely because of him. He is an amazing father and a fantastic actor, singer and producer. I have the deepest respect for him. He is always there to support me and help me out with my scripts, roles and everything related to work. I feel deep gratitude to have such an experienced and intelligent person offering me such unconditional support.