Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Avika Gor on her role of Anandi in Balika Vadhu, future plans



January 20th, 2009

Avika Gor the famous child artist of the daily soap Balika Vadhu spoke to us about her character Anandi and oher upcoming projects.

How did Balika Vadhu come to you?
I have worked in a couple of movies and have done a couple of serials before Balika Vadhu like Chalti Ka Naam Gadi, Karam Apna Apna. My talent was noticed and I was called for an audition that’s how it happened.

Your character Anandi has quickly become a household name. How has life changed after Balika Vadhu?
There is not much of difference but yes now people have started calling me Anandi, Futri, Nakchadhi Chuhiya, Binani etc all my names from the serial.

Are you like Anandi in real life?
Yes, I am very similar to Anandi. I love to talk a lot just like her and also say ‘saachi –saachi’ like Anandi. Even I ask many questions like her, but the only difference is that she is married and I am not.

How challenging is it to play the role of Anandi?
As I told you that Avika and Anandi are very similar to each other so it is very easy for me to play this role and so it is not that challenging for me.

What similarities do you have in Real and reel life?
Everything is similar

What was your childhood dream, was acting your childhood dream?
My dream is to become miss universe and these are all the steps to reach my ultimate goal. I am a focused girl hence I have started working towards it from now itself.

As you are doing films with Anupama Kher and Sharmila Tagore, how was your experience working with them?
It was a great opportunity for me to work with them as I got to learn many things. Anupam uncle gave me a few tips on dialogue delivery etc.

Tell us something about your character in the film?
The name of the movie is Morning Walk and my character’s name is Gargi I m playing Anupam uncle’s and Sharmila aunty’s grand daughter in the movie.

Any other film, which you are doing?
Yes, I am in the movie named Pathshala in which Shahid Kapoor plays the lead.

If you get a chance to work for Ekta Kapoor’s ‘K’ series, will you accept it?
Yes, in fact I have already worked in her serial Karam Apna Apna

There are many child actors in the industry, have you ever felt insecure?
No, I have never felt insecure as they are all my very good friends first then my colleagues.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
I WANT TO BECOME MISS UNIVERSE

Any Upcoming projects (Serials and film)?
Yes, I am in the movie named Pathshala in which Shahid Kapoor plays the lead and the other Morning Walk, my character’s name is Gargi wherein I am playing the role of Anupam uncle’s and Sharmila aunty’s grand daughter.